Monday 30 June 2014

June 2014 Lust Have It Womens Box





Last day of the month and my box has finally arrived. After that wait and last month’s fabulous box I’m a little underwhelmed.

This is the June Lust Have It (LHI) Womens subscription box. The Womens box is the flagship of this brand each month; you get 5+ beauty products to try, mainly samples and some full size. I pay $19.95 per month, but there are other payment options. Find out more at Lust Have It.




Once again LHI is a bit late. I’ve only seen people beginning to get them today so a lot of people won’t get it until next month. I theorize that this may have to do with an overload of FAB box orders and the quarterly ECO box. LHI has returned to the plastic makeup case mailed in a postage pouch this month. Since this has no added protection I predict damaged products for some people, but so far I’ve not had any problems. This makeup case isn’t the best quality but not the worst either. We also got a voucher for Hello Fresh box,I'm sure this voucher was in a previous box and wasn't really worth much.

The front of this month’s info card has a discount code to get $20 of a $120 brush set. This is the same set that you could have gotten with an annual subscription this month. I’m not likely to buy these but I would love to hear about the quality from anyone who has gets them. On to the products!



  

Teeez Trend Cosmetics – easy on the eye pencil
RRP: 1.5g for $24
RECIVED: full sized (value $24)
This is the product we could choose from, I chose the eye pencil. I knew that we were getting this brand in the FAB box and worried that there may be a double up. Typically there was also a Teeez eye pencil in the FAB. This is a bit annoying but since they are different products (both black) I’m not that upset.

That said I prefer the Mysterious Crystal Eyeliner, Easy On The Eyes glides on almost like a liquid liner and smudges nicely but doesn’t seem to set as like the Mysterious Crystal which is bad for my eye shape. Supposedly this product is water proof. I find that even 20 minutes after application it entirely wipes off even without water, so I don’t see the benefit of it being water proof. a light dusting of setting powder seems to help with this. I also prefer the mechanical pencil design. That said this is still a lovely pencil and like all Teeez has beautiful packaging.
 
 You can check out my review on the Teeez products from June FAB box.




John Plunkett – Glyco Peel
RRP: 15ml for $29.95
Received: full size (value $29.95)
This is an apparently a “clinical strength night-time exfoliator with 25% glycolic acid in a buffered solution.” It also contains Lactokine (I’ll have to look this up) and Aloe Vera.
I find this a little interesting as I’ve been thinking of a facial peel but I’ll use it sparingly. I find that its interesting to have different directions for different skin types. Also has the benefits of being made in Australia and not tested on animals.



La Roche Posay – Effaclar Duo
RRP: 40ml for $27.95
Received: 3ml (approx. value $2.10)
This product is supposed to help improve skin texture showing results after 30 days. As this is a small sample I doubt I’ll get that much use out of it. Also, I won’t be using it in conjunction with the John Plunkett as they both rely on acids and I don’t want to over treat my skin. I have heard some good things about this product though so it’ll be interesting to try.

I may be mistaken but I’m pretty sure that some people got this in their June Bella Box, this may be a bit annoying for them but will give a better sample of the product. I didn’t get it but you can see what I did get here.




Orly – Nail File set and Toe Separators
RRP: file set for $1.65 and Separators for $4.95
Received: Full Size file set and Separators (value $6.60)
I’m not that thrilled about the inclusion of these products. See the sticker? They were both a GWP from Orly and I feel that toe separators are the most painful and pointless tool, give me tissue wads any day. The files come in a cute match-book like packaging and don’t seem to be that bad quality, so they will be good to carry around.




Nuxe – Crème Nirvanesque and Crème Nirvanesque eye contour
RRP: 50ml for $49.99 and 15ml for $44.99 respectively
Received: 2ml each (approx. value $8.00)
So, sachets samples; you know how much we all love them and another anti-aging product. At first I thought it was two samples of the same product but then I realized it was one of each. I don’t have too much more to say about these other than I don’t like seeing fragrance/perfume listed in an eye cream.



BOX OVERVIEW
Paid $19.95 (post included) received value of $70.65
The value of this box is good but beyond that I have to say I’m a little disappointed. I was really looking forward to the Teeez pencil but it seems to have no staying power and then a bag full of anti-aging creams. Your making me feel old LHI. Sure I have a birthday in the next week, but its only 24! Yes I do get that we should star early on anti-aging skin care, especially with the harsh Aussie sun, but I feel that this is a bit of over kill. Also the delivery issues are getting past a joke.

When I get next months LHI Box I intend to include a review of these products after giving them a good trial.

So how did you fair with this month’s Lust Have It box and which Teeez product did you get?

~ Annie

3 comments:

  1. I agree this box looks a bit underwhelming (particularly after last month's!). Thanks for comparing the two Teeez eyeliners; looks like I might be giving this one away and keeping the one from the FAB box ; ).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. maybe read others reviews about the Teeez. It is supposed to be water proof, etc. so there may be something wrong with mine. I also like the sparkles in the FAB one.

      Delete
  2. Hi Annie,
    It will be interesting to see what I receive in my June box; which, hasn't come yet, unfortunately.
    I reviewed the May lust have it on my blog- http://www.laughinggalah.com/reviews/lust-have-it-may-2014-box-review/
    The May box was my first box and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't got the highest hopes for my June box after seeing your review.
    Great review, I look forward to seeing more of your posts.
    Kind Regards
    Aimee :)
    from www.laughinggalah.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...